Networking Events NE
Networking Events in the North East:
Because ‘It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.’
Networking is a great way to make new business contacts and build on existing relationships. Business professionals who network on a regular basis increase sales, reduce costs, find new suppliers, share ideas and enjoy what can be a fun experience.
Pick of events for January:
GCasino Newcastle -Free Business Networking
This is a great opportunity to network and potentially build relations with other local businesses.
Refreshments will be provided and free onsite parking is available for the duration of the event
Date : 30/01/2014 Time : 612 noon - 2pm Venue : GCasino Newcastle
Reserve your place in advance through Eventbrite.
Pick of events for February:
First Monday - FREE Informal networking group in Northallerton
For those with business in the Hambleton area of North Yorkshire
sharing information and ideas, talking with like-minded people, sharing problems and finding solutions, promoting your business.
No hard sell, no prescribed outcomes, no pressure and no agenda - simply make connections, find solutions, and promote your business.
Date : 03/02/2014 Time : 5pm - 7pm Venue : The Golden Lion Hotel in Northallerton
Please reserve your places in advance through Eventbrite.
Pick of events for March:
March 5th – illuminate Sunderland 2014
The small business event specifically for Wearside with around 80 exhibitors and 500 attendees.
With seminars for small business owners and managers it’s a great day out and a low cost event for exhibitors. Free for attendees.
Register on Eventbrite
11th March 2014 - TIger Tiger Networking
New for 2014: FREE networking opportunity at Tiger Tiger in Newcastle
5:30pm complimentary coffee, tea & wine.
Call: 01912357065 for more info
Pick of events for April:
April 16th – North East Expo Spring 2014
The stand out business event of the year in the North East region, returning for its 8th event, attracting some 200 exhibitors and around 1,800 attendees.
Always attracts an amazing array of business speakers from around the region, the country and worldwide.
Don’t miss it. Free for attendees. Find out more at www.northeastexpo.co.uk.
Free Networking Events:
o Last Friday of the month. 1 to 3pm in Mile House, Chester-le-Street. There are usually around 16 to 20 attendees ranging from Pre-Start to established entrepreneurs, sole traders and SME’s. The format is 2 minute introductions, speaker/seminar on topics to benefit your business. Call Michael Harriot on 0191 3892648 to book a place.
o Every other Wednesday lunchtime, 12 to 2pm. Free networking opportunity for businesses in Chester-le-Street and surrounding areas. The purpose of the group is to work together, support each other and make referrals. There is only one member per business sector and regular attendance of meetings is required. For more information or dates/times contact Barrie Soulsby
· CDC Enterprise Agency
· Chester-le-Street Business Network Group
· Mussel Club
· First Friday Newcastle
o Newcastle Science City Monthly Event - First Friday of every month: 08:00 to 10:00am at Central Bean Coffee Shop on Gallowgate Newcastle City Centre. An informal forum regularly attracting over 100 people who come along to discuss innovation and entrepreneurship. The events are specifically targeted at the science community, including entrepreneurs, designers, scientists and financiers. To date the event has played a key role in helping a number of collaborations and businesses get off the ground.
· G Casino (Newcastle)
o This networking event is open to any business and is very informal with no presentations or formal introductions, just an opportunity to network and make new contacts. Takes place on the last Thursday of the month from 12 to 2pm. Refreshments provided. Contact Cheryl Flowers on 0191 2211660 to book a place
· Freelance Romance
· Inspire Network
o A network of North East women entrepreneurs running great businesses in all shapes, sizes and forms. Meetings in Durham, Newcastle, Sunderland, Darlington, Teesside, Tyneside and Northumberland.
· Rise and Design
- Run by Design Network North. A fantastic networking opportunity for members to meet on the second Friday of every month. Each Rise and Design covers a different topic of design practice and includes speakers from the relevant industries. Tea, coffee and breakfast is served and members also have the chance to showcase their products and services in a dedicated exhibition space. See eventbrite for dates/times
· Refresh Teesside
- In Teesside there are hundreds of creative & digital businesses who can benefit from knowing each other. Many of the businesses are relatively small in size, focusing on a specific skill or service. Everyone can benefit from knowing other professionals in their own trades and networking with other professionals who offer skills and services they may require in the future
Monthly Event - First Tuesday of every month: 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT), Newcastle upon Tyne.
If you’ve never been to a Powwow before basically it’s a chance for creative and digital people to grab a beverage, get together and really get to know each other, none of this business-card-swapping nonsense that we’ve all seen so often. We also provide some yummy grub so come hungry, now prepared by the lovely folks at The Town Wall
Paid Networking Events (Regional)
· Durham Business Club
o The subscription from January 2013 is £144 inc. VAT. A 10% discount is available if you join at a club meeting. There are, regular monthly evening meetings that present valuable information on topical business issues, promote inter trade and encourage a friendly, sociable gathering of business people willing to share experience and knowledge. As well as monthly breakfast meetings with informal networking.
· Sunderland Business Network
· Derwentside Business Club
o Membership entitles you to unlimited access to all membership content including meetings unless otherwise stated. Price: 1-49 Employees £60+VAT | 50-99 Employees £120+VAT | 100+ Employees £240+VAT (payable on confirmation) At DBN we believe that networking should be relaxed and informal and this is how our monthly (evening) meetings are structured. As well as exchanging business information and new ideas, we laugh a lot and have fun!. Our members have built long standing relationships and friendships, through contacts they have made via the Network
· Darlington Business Club
Darlington Business Club is a thriving organisation, attracting upwards of 50 local businesses to each of our monthly meetings. Join today, from £48, and start making new business relationships. Monthly meetings are friendly and informal. They include a guest speaker, buffet and the opportunity to network with fellow members and guests. Guests can attend 1 meeting free of charge – if you enjoy it then you’ll need to become a member to attend further meetings.
· Tees Valley Business Club
· Middlesborough Business Forum
· Weardale Business Club
Paid Networking Events:
· Network North
- 8 Business Networking, Stockton-on-tees, is a vibrant group of local businesses that come together once per month to make new introductions and build existing business relationships. It's all about making business introductions in a relaxed and non pressured way. You can attend one event free of charge as a guest.
· FSB – Federation of Small Businesses (NE Region)
· ISMM – Institute of Sales & Marketing Management
ISMM Regional Networking Groups are taking place around the UK. Regional Networking Groups help sales professionals to develop their own local communities, where they can share best practice or find solutions to their problems, as well as developing their own network of friends and colleagues.
Nev and Nicola from http://www.newresultstraining.co.uk/ support our regional events here in the North East
o Usually last Wednesday of month Genting Casino Forth Street NE1 Newcastle upon Tyne. Approx £15 per month.
Initial free visit may be possible. Structure- forst 30 mins or so informal, then in small groups, of maybe 7 or 8 deliver a 2 minute pitch.
Then everyone is asked to pitch to whole group using microphone, followed by more informal mingling.
- (Friendship In Networking Durham), is a local networking group set up to help Women in Business in and around County Durham – providing a central hub to access business information, education, support and guidance
· Co Working Days
o Monthly events in Durham City and Consett. £20 including lunch, workspace, WiFi and refreshments throughout the day. Cheaper if you book 2 events at a time – you’ll pay £16 for each event. Arrive any time from 9 am, a light lunch is included in the event price. After lunch join together for about an hour for an informal but structured chat about a topic associated with running a business which provides lots of opportunities to share ideas and experiences, to learn and pass on knowledge, and of course to connect with other people who are running their own businesses in the local area.
Companies offering free seminars: (with networking opportunities)
· Eliesha Training
- Eliesha is running a series of FREE workshops in Summer and Autumn 2013. These sessions all aim to help you effectively lead your organisation or department in a changing business environment through the exploration of modern day leadership techniques. All sessions are held at our premises in Newcastle upon Tyne unless stated otherwise.
· Hay & Kilner (Newcastle)
o Hold regular FREE events – check website for details:
o In addition have FREE training videos available:
· Jacksons (Newcastle and Teesside)
· Gordon Brown LLP (Newcastle and Chester-le-Street)
Regular Events with networking opportunities:
· North East Expo (organised by Marc Gordon & Andrew Charlton)
- The next NORTH EAST EXPO is on 16th April 2014 at Newcastle Falcons.
- Always a great line up of speakers featuring the best of local, regional and global business. Featuring networking, marketing and business development at the core of the event and it is FREE to attend for all delegates. Look out for other Expo events in Sunderland, Cumbria and Scotland
· Mussel Club Expo
Remember you can use http://www.eventbrite.com/ to search for (Business) Networking events. Enter a location and date range to narrow your search.
The online resource http://www.findnetworkingevents.com/ offers a simple, quick way to access information about Business Networking events, business clubs and networking groups in your local area.
This list is updated regularly so if you know of other networking opportunities not mentioned please drop an email with the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you can't get out and about you could try some online networking. There are various 'Twitter Hours' on designated days and times.
To participate add the hashtag symbol(#) followed by the relevant hour to your tweet. For example, on a Wednesday between 2 and 3pm, you might type:
Hi #CoDurhamHour Sharing is caring so help yourself to our 2 minute video bit.ly/wDOAC5 & smarten up your LinkedIn URL. Free to share
During the hour engage with other participating companies, organisations and individuals. Consider whether to Retweet, Follow and interact with others. If you engage regularly you will soon become part of an online networking community. If you are not available at the specified times you might want to consider using Hootsuite or TweetDeck which allow you to schedule your tweets in advance.
For information on 'Twitter Hours' in the North East see our list on http://www.secretsofsoftware.co.uk/twitter
'Sharing is Caring'.....so if you think others will find the networking opportunities on this page useful feel free to share