Turn Your World Upside Down
Hints ant tips for Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
Recently a client opened an expenses file, inherited from a former employee, and commented:
'This spreadsheet couldn't make less sense if it was upside down'.
With 2 key strokes the data and chart were upside down.
It turned out this was a quick method to make the client laugh, relax and be quickly convinced that they can do anything with a little bit of training.
How to rotate your computer screen:
Here are some Excel shortcuts you might find more useful
- Ctrl + ; Enters the current date
- Ctrl + Shift + ; Enters the current time
- CTRL + D Enters the contents of the cell above
- Highlight some data and press F11 to instantly produce a chart
- Alt + Enter Can be used to wrap text in a single cell
- Type Welcome To Excel Tips in a single cell
- Position cursor before the word Excel
- Press Alt + Enter
The text will be wrapped so it appears with Welcome To appearing above Excel Tips