Clients & Testimonials
Clients include the following professional groups.
Click on the relevant links below to view examples of training and feedback from each sector
- Legal Professionals
- We work with solicitors and barristers saving them many hours of valuable time, by improving their knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office.
- Helping professionals in the education sector to perform better: We offer a range of CPD workshops for both teaching and support staff. Simplifying administrative tasks and embracing the use of technology in teaching and learning.
- Enterprise Agencies & Business Owners
- Helping Entrepreneurs, sole traders and business owners make the most of the Internet and computer software. Enhancing business skills is a mandatory requirement for growth and prosperity Enterprise Agencies and Business support services.
- Business Improvement
- A Streamlining everyday tasks. Recording, presenting and sending numerical data for invoicing, stock control, preparing summary statistics and reports. Linking documents in Word and Excel Using Outlook to communicate and schedule.
- Training Organisations
- We work with others to update the IT skill levels of their staff, provide advice and support on producing quality training materials and run workshops for their clients as and when required.
- When it comes to numbers a little bit of spreadsheet savvy goes a long way to making sure the figures all add up.
- Environment Agencies
- Simplifying everyday admin tasks, manipulating data and preparing and presenting statistical reports and charts.
- Health Practitioners
- A lot of our clients have bespoke database systems but like to export and import data, or edit and secure the information before presenting it or making it available to third parties.
- Food Industry
- Simplifying everyday admin tasks and improving in-house communications using Office 365 and Office 2013
A big thank you for the training, & being so flexible & accommodating us. I think everyone found it very useful. Should we need anything again I’ll keep you in mind.
Sue Appleyard, UK Business Manager, Intertek Lintec Shipcare, February 2015
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the office 365 training. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day with training provided in a relaxed atmosphere. The Outlook synchronised with LinkedIn fine. It was definitely a day well spent and utilising the knowledge we gained through the training will enable us to use our software system better and wiser to run and manage the business. I am looking forward to planning some Excel training next and will be in touch shortly to arrange this.Patrick Finigan, Directorwww.sarniafoods.co.uk
Excellent training I feel I have learnt a lot of things I didn't know existed in Word, gained a better knowledge of Excel, and can improve the presentation or documents.
Sandra Wilson, Practice Manager
Interactive training at a level that met our needs. The powerpoint skills were particularly useful and will be applied to our current presentation. As a result of the training I will save time and be more professional.Mandy Rose, Principal.
My spreadsheets are certainly a lot better than they were! Thank you so much for all your help. I really enjoyed our sessions and as you say each minute saved certainly adds up! Katherine Bullock, Partner, UK Head of Private ClientPwC (PriceWaterHouseCooper)
Gill - thanks for your expertise recently it has helped enormously!
Barbara Sadler, Legal Personal Assistant at Samuel Phillips Law Firm
Gill delivered a hands–on 'Using Spreadsheets for Business' workshop to clients of East Durham Business Service. The attendees created spreadsheets relevant to self-employment. With lots of tips and hints for quick, effective and accurate data entry, spreadsheets were created for collecting, analysing and managing data to find and communicate with customers. Templates and formulae were used for tasks including, keeping track of travel and mileage expenses, creating invoices, and Income and Expenditure records in preparation for completing a tax return.
The spreadsheets and templates created were saved for re-use and attendees empowered with the necessary skills to adapt them as their business grows. Gill has the knowledge and temperament to help businesses with the IT skills required to start up, develop and grow. Her passion and ability to engage with others, had the delegates buzzing with excitement, thinking, asking questions, applying skills and constantly on task.
The most useful skills were all the little tricks in Excel to make life easier in every day tasks.Kim Woolhead, Admin Officer I can implement the skills this week to autofill and autosum the budget report, getting less frustrated and more efficient.Dan Chapman, Estates Officer The training benefits will be saving time and increased efficiency when dealing with weekly budgets.Vicki SixSmith, Managing Director I will use the short cuts, data manipulation and data validation skills regularly.Mauve Lee, Ecologist
Gill has created a bespoke series of courses on Computer and Internet Skills for Entrepreneurs. Here, at Five Lamps Enterprise she was keen to collaborate with other staff at all times and demonstrated a willingness and ability to work alongside other team members to compliment and support existing programmes. Gill developed and delivered workshops on Social Media and .How to Create a Free Website. Gill is a well informed IT expert who patiently and clearly presents in an easy to understand teaching format.
She supports and encourages people to work at their own pace – without wanting to do it for them. The clients applied the skills acquired throughout the hands-on sessions. With increased confidence, motivation and improved research skills they were empower, encouraged and challenged to extend their knowledge and abilities way beyond the course content. Clients said it was a fantastic course and commented the training could not have been any better. I have no hesitation in recommending her first class, friendly and enthusiastic services to others.
Very pleased with the professional way that Gill listened to our needs and devised detailed plans for delivery of training in a friendly and entertaining way. She was flexible in when she could work for us and her training was always well thought through and properly prepared.
Andy Pulham IT Coordinator at Royal Grammar School, Newcastle
Gill designed and delivered a Freebies 4 Biz (e-commerce) workshop for clients at Durham Enterprise Agency. The presentation was targeted at individuals considering or recently embarked on self-employment but it also provided plenty of ideas to help sustain those already trading. Her confidence, expertise and diverse teaching experience enable her to relate and work effectively with a diverse group of individuals, with differing business plans, varied backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives.Marek Tokarski
Good to talk to Gill, ... some good IT help ... and over the phone!!!
Thanks Gill I learnt ten new skills in under ten minutes! Gill not only showed us some great IT skills to teach in the context of maths lessons but came up with the whole lesson plan - designed the task for students and identified which parts of the national curriculum it would cover.
I've had fantastic feedback from the team.
Thanks to you the training has already made a big difference.
Sedgefield Hardwick Primary.
Nicki (School Governor)
Thanks again for the excellent standard of training you have provided, it will make life a lot easier.
Lisa Venter, Financial Controller, West Africa Pumping Services Limited (WAPS)
Thirsk School & Sixth Form College
"Thank you for yesterday, everyone was very impressed with the training you gave us.
Lots of handy tips and time saving hints for us to get used to using."
Mrs Emma Atkinson, Personal Assistant, Thirsk School & Sixth Form College. January 2016
Healthwatch County Durham